The primary focus of this role is the supervision of the field services team for security and other low voltage systems including but not limited to; access control, CCTV, mass notification, intercom, data, life safety, and security systems.
This position requires extensive knowledge security system installation/programming requirements. The Security Systems Specialist is considered a subject matter expert on security systems who will be a technical resource for the team to consult with. This role will also be responsible for the training and development of skills for junior technicians.
Responsible for the supervision of field personnel onsite, assist with project schedules on a daily basis, perform high-level systems troubleshooting, installations, modifications, and provide internal and external technical support.
- Responsible for ensuring the overall productivity and professionalism of field personnel while working in the field
- Supervise and coordinate with multiple installation crews, projects, and service calls.
- Monitor field technicians during the installation, startup, and debugging of new equipment
- Accountable for controlling costs and maintaining quality control on all assigned tasks
- Continually seeking improvement regarding the installation and commissioning process with a focus on knowledge sharing
- Assist the Service Manager with daily resource coordination and prioritization
- Perform post-installation support such as training, troubleshooting, and subsequent service calls at customer sites
- Perform validations, diagnostics, repairs, upgrades, and other activities per specifications
- Identify and communicate issues found in the field and effectively work with the technical support team or other responsible parties to resolve them (vendor, assembly, etc.)
- Performs complex service or system calls and interacts with the customer to provide quality service and feedback on problem evaluation and resolution
- Train and mentor junior technicians to build competent and highly skilled Filled Service team
- Document and file reports of all installations, inspections, maintenance and repair work, and failures
- Ensure each complete installation or service rendered is formally accepted by obtaining customer’s signature on the service report form
- May participate in the negotiation and administration of service or system contracts
- Continual communication with clients, suppliers, contractors and relevant authorities
- Other duties, as assigned, within capabilities and responsibility of the position
- Construction field environment may require climbing stairs, standing, bending, and lifting.
- Ability to lift up to 100lbs and occasionally carry up to 45lbs, or a 12ft ladder.
- Must be able to work on lifts and ladders.
- Field construction environment including commercial, industrial, and municipal facilities
- Proper PPE (Personal Protection Equipment) and BLTI Uniform is required
- Office, production, and manufacturing shop environment.
- Availability to work various hours, including days, nights, weekends, and on-call rotation when necessary
- This position requires up to 90% travel including outside of local area
- Minimum six (6) years Field Service and installation experiences working with commercial security and life safety systems
- High School Diploma required, Associate degree preferred
Special Skills, Knowledge, or Abilities
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, and submittal specifications
- Read and interpret systems programs/software and operational product manuals
- Working knowledge of life safety and security systems
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Proven leadership abilities and ability to make rational decisions
- Previous experience using MEWPs (Scissor or single-man lift)
- Proficient computer skills, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel)
- Must have good communication, customer service, and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment & handle multiple tasks concurrently
- Highly motivated, organized and flexible
- Contractual awareness would be advantageous
- Ability to fostering strong relationships with customers
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Must possess a valid Texas driver’s license and current insurance
- NICET Level I or II certification
- Valid Texas Security License
Requires a good driving record, drug testing, and clear background check to obtain TWIC card thru the Department of Homeland Security
CONTACT WITH OTHERS
Daily interactions with supervisor, field staff, office personnel, and customers via phone, email, and in person.