This position performs installs, start-up programming, troubleshooting, and repairing security systems for Commercial and Industrial buildings and plants. This role requires the ability to read and interpret electrical schematics/drawings, troubleshoot/diagnose equipment/devices for CCTV Access Controls and Intrusion Systems, Intercoms, Gate Access, Readers, DVR’s and NVR’s. This position must maintain a professional disposition at all times, focusing on customer service while positively performing the duties of the role.
- Review electrical and building requirements for proper security equipment installations and programming
- Install, test and demonstrate security systems
- Day to day communication with the client or General Contractor
- Day to day communication to PM for job status updates, changes, delays, etc.
- Documentation of jobs
- Troubleshoot and repair equipment/issues
- Sharing knowledge with the crew and also training customers
- Other duties, as assigned, within ability and responsibility level of the job
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS – This position requires you to be able to lift and load heavy pieces of equipment, climb ladders, and stand most of the day. Work with tools, withstand hot and cold temperatures for inside/outside labor.
WORKING CONDITIONS – Daily and/or overnight travel in the field is required. Field environment; construction, water, and wastewater treatment plants. Safety equipment required; hard hats, boots, safety vests, and eye-protective gear. May be required to work overtime as needed.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience with CCTV, access control, intrusion systems, and Video Surveillance.
- Working knowledge of relay logic, card formats, and access controls
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Technical school or college a plus!
SPECIAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, OR ABILITIES
- Install, troubleshoot, startup, and read electrical schematics
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to interact and train customers in a professional manner
- Leadership qualities are a plus
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Candidate must have a Texas valid driver’s license and vehicle insurance
- Current Texas Security License is preferred or be able to get Texas Security License quickly
OTHER – Candidate requires a good driving record, drug testing, and clear background check.
CONTACT WITH OTHERS – Daily significant interaction with supervisor and other co-workers. General contact with customers, over the phone, email, and in person.
This job description indicates, in general, the nature and levels of work, knowledge, skills, abilities and other essential functions (as covered under the Americans with Disabilities Act) expected of an incumbent to be able to perform with or without reasonable accommodation. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of an incumbent. An incumbent may be asked to perform other duties as required.