Due to our continued growth, BLTI is seeking an ambitious high-performing Security & Low-Voltage Solutions Sales Representative to meet our customer acquisition and revenue growth targets by maintaining and developing new business within Houston and surrounding areas.
The ideal candidate will be an effective communicator and have the skills and experience to be a strategic member of the BLTI sales team, capable of assisting the company to expand into new markets, grow BLTI’s customer base, and help BLTI’s Security Division grow to the next level of professionalism and service offerings.
- Develop a growth strategy focused on financial gain and customer satisfaction
- Conduct research to identify new markets and customer needs
- Achieve growth and hit sales targets by successfully working with the sales team
- Build and nurture strong, long-lasting customer relationships by partnering with them and understanding their needs
- Capable of conducting site walk-throughs to estimate and quote customers
- Establish and maintain long-term relationships with customer, architects, and the engineering community
- Determine customer needs and develop a sales strategy to gain customer understanding of BLTI’s capabilities and product offerings
- Complete and submit required job reports, sales reports, and ISO documentation on a timely basis
- Identify emerging markets and market shifts while fully being aware of new products and competition status
- Assume project management responsibilities to coordinate design, engineering, installation, programming, and customer training to assure complete customer satisfaction and job profitability
- Assist management in building and strengthening supplier relationships; make recommendations on new product lines and services, and assist in expanding BLTI’s presence and value to our customers and suppliers
- Establish and maintain vendor relationships as necessary
- Other duties, as assigned, within ability and responsibility level of the job
- Daily and/or overnight travel in the field is required. Field environment; new construction, and various types of facilities. Safety equipment required; hard hats, boots, safety vests, and eye protective gear. Required to work overtime as needed.
- Bachelors or Associates degree in business administration or a related field is preferred
- Minimum of 5 (five) years of proven B2B sales experience
SPECIAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, OR ABILITIES
- Ability to communicate, present and influence all levels of the organization, including executive and C-level
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Capable of developing an iron-clad business case
- Proven ability to position products against competitors
- Knowledge of government contracts at both the state and federal level
- Robust technical knowledge of security, access control, and surveillance systems
- Proficient computer skills, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel)
- Highly motivated, organized and flexible
OTHER – Candidate requires a good driving record, drug testing, and clear background check.
CONTACT WITH OTHERS – Daily significant interaction with co-workers, clients, and vendors by telephone, email, and in person
This job description indicates, in general, the nature and levels of work, knowledge, skills, abilities and other essential functions (as covered under the Americans with Disabilities Act) expected of an incumbent to be able to perform with or without reasonable accommodation. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of an incumbent. An incumbent may be asked to perform other duties as required.