This position performs installs, start-up programming, troubleshooting and repairing security systems for Commercial and Industrial buildings and plants. This role requires the ability to read and interpret electrical schematics/drawings, troubleshoot/diagnose equipment/devices for CCTV Access Controls and Intrusion Systems, Intercoms, Gate Access, Readers, DVR’s and NVR’s.
- Review electrical and building requirements for proper security equipment installations and programming
- Install, test and demonstrate security systems
- Lead/Manage crew while performing the same technician duties
- Day to day communication with the client or General Contractor
- Day to day communication to PM for job status updates, changes, delays etc
- Documentation of jobs
- Troubleshoot and repair equipment/issues
- Training Crew and also Customers
This position requires you to be able to lift and load heavy pieces of equipment, climb ladders, and stand most of the day. Work with tools, withstand hot and cold temperatures for inside/outside labor.
Daily and/or overnight travel in the field is required. Field environment; construction, water, and wastewater treatment plants. Safety equipment required; hard hats, boots, safety vests, and eye protective gear. May be required to work overtime as needed.
- Extensive experience (5+ yrs) with CCTV, access control, intrusion systems, and Video Surveillance
- Working knowledge of relay logic, card formats, and access controls
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Technical school or college a plus
SPECIAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, OR ABILITIES
- Install, troubleshoot, startup, and read electrical schematics
- Posses good communication skills
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic
- Professionally interact and train customers in a courteous manner
- Strong leadership abilities
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Current Texas Security License is required.
- Candidate must have a Texas valid driver’s license and insurance.