The Lead Assembly Technician is responsible for the production of control panels used in control systems for water & wastewater treatment plants, petroleum process industries, and security systems. This position will assist the Production Manager with the overall operation of the control panel production department. This position will assist with coordination between Project Managers and production team.
- Assist Production Manager
- Oversee all shop operations including Quality Control, and Safety Training
- Work with the project managers, track hours, and material costs
- Hands-on with wiring control panel per wiring schematics
- Knowledge in UL specs and what to look for on the panels
- Assist with the management of personnel for manufacturing technicians, including schedules, salaries, hiring and firing (only in the absence of Production Manager)
- Other duties, as assigned, within ability and responsibility level of the job
This position must be able to lift and load heavy equipment, stand for long periods of time, and the position requires bending and stooping.
- Manufacturing, shop, and warehouse environment. Warehouse environment is not climate controlled.
- May be required to work overtime as needed.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the electrical field
- Minimum of 2 years in a leadership role
- High school diploma/GED
SPECIAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, OR ABILITIES
- Must be able to problem solve
- Manage internal and project/product
- Hands-on to assist with the completion of production projects
- Teach others within the department
- Knowledge of assembly, troubleshooting, and testing of industrial electrical control systems
- Must be able to read electrical schematics for design and wiring of control panels
- Possess strong supervisory and communication skills
OTHER – Candidate requires a good driving record, drug testing, and clear background check.
CONTACT WITH OTHERS – Daily significant interaction with supervisor and peers.
This job description indicates, in general, the nature and levels of work, knowledge, skills, abilities and other essential functions (as covered under the Americans with Disabilities Act) expected of an incumbent to be able to perform with or without reasonable accommodation. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of an incumbent. An incumbent may be asked to perform other duties as required.