Control Systems Engineer/Integrator is responsible for designing, developing, installing, managing and/or maintaining equipment which is used to monitor and control engineering systems, machinery and processes. The main objective of the Control System Engineer/Integrator is to ensure that these systems and processes operate effectively, efficiently and safely. This position will need skills in specific disciplines such as PLC, HMI, SCADA, and AutoCAD.
- Perform programming and engineering tasks in supportive and leading roles at all stages of projects
- Designing and developing new control systems
- Working collaboratively with other members of the engineering department
- Liaising with clients, suppliers, contractors and relevant authorities
- Project management within cost and time constrained environments
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving
- Field startup and training of customers
Construction field environment may require climbing stairs, standing, bending, and lifting.
Office, production, and manufacturing shop environment. Daily and/or overnight travel in the field is required. Field environment; construction, water, and wastewater treatment plants. Safety equipment required; hard hats, boots, safety vests, and eye protective gear. May be required to work overtime as needed.
Preferred B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or another related field and 3 – 5 years of directly related experiences
Special Skills, Knowledge, or Abilities
- Programming automation controllers and software such as: PLCs, HMI, and SCADA
- Project Planning/System Architecture Design, Networking and System Testing experiences
- Good communication with team members and clients
- Heavy HMI graphics development and programming skills with Wonderware InTouch/ArchestrA System Platform, FactoryTalk View SE/ME, Siemens WinCC/WinCC Flexible, ClearSCADA, GE Proficy Ifix, Maple Systems, Vijeo Citect, etc.
- Knowledge with PLC hardware and programming software: Allen-Bradley, Siemens, Modicon/Square D, GE Fanuc, Control Microsystems, Automation Direct, Opto22, etc.
- Electrical schematic design experience, familiar with low voltage MCCs, VFDs, Single-phase and 3-phases motors and control
- Hand on experience with AutoCAD Electrical desired
- Quickly learn new technologies
- Computer literate and knowledgeable of MS Office programs
- Be proud of your ability to have attention to detail
- Highly motivated, organized and flexible
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
Candidate must have a Texas valid driver’s license and insurance.
Candidate requires a good driving record, drug testing, and a clear background check